Equinox Runner Packet — June 17, 2017
Thanks for signing up for the BCRR Equinox event. We have a great day planned for everybody and we can’t wait to see you on Saturday. Link to park website.
Some useful information
1. Event format-we will have a marked 5+ mile trail. The format is that you can run as many loops as you want or can in 11 hours. There will be a prize for the men’s and women’s champs ..most loops wins. You can show up any time during the day for a run and to enjoy the picnic. You don’t have to run if you just want to enjoy the picnic. We will be grilling burgers and hot dogs by around lunch time. We may have pancakes late morning. We will have water and sports drink at the picnic grove along with other foods normally found at trail running ultras.
2. Location –the start and finish is at the Greene Grove picnic area. The closest park entrance is off Washington Crossing –Pennington road. There is parking at the Greene Grove. Overflow parking is at the Visitor center. Parking is in designated areas only.
3. Event hours…. 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. You won’t be able to enter the park through the main entrance until 7 am. We will need to be cleaned up and out of the park by 7:00 pm
4. Park fee. Starting at 9 am there is an entrance fee collected at the main entrance to the park (Washington Crossing Pennington Road). The fee is $7.00 ($5.00 for NJ residents)
5. Course marking. The course will be marked primarily with small yellow flags along the sides of the trail. Secondary marking method will be yellow streamers on tree branches. We will have markings every ¼ to 1/8 mile with more around turns. If you run for more than ¼ mile without seeing a streamer you missed a turn and you should double back. The markers will be on your right…if you see a marker on your left you are going the wrong way.
6. You will be responsible keep track of your loops on a sign- up sheet. Also, please sign out when you’re finished so we know you are safely off the trail.
7. Etiquette. Park rules prohibit alcohol. Absolutely no littering on the trail. No whining. Be nice to volunteers. Be friendly and respectful to other people using the park that day.
8. Please bring a handheld water bottle or backpack. A 5 mile trail loop can take longer than you expect so you should carry fluids.