Attendees: Johnny King-Marino, Rich Kanak, Rob Hoy, John O’Brien and Kathy McKinney (prepared minutes), Shawn McCormick (attended the second part of the meeting to give an update on club sponsorship activities)
- Accept minutes from March 8 meeting as posted by Kathy. A motion to approve minutes was made by Johnny and seconded by Rich. Minutes were approved 5-0.
- Treasurer’s Report
Rob reported the total in all accounts. Transactions from 3/1/18 through 4/26/18 were presented. There are no more major expenses for the year. The Break-Fast 5K/10K expenses/income will be finalized by mid to end of June. CB Cares donation will be determined then. The Gertrude Hawk candy bar sales are still ongoing. The Broad Street Run cost for two buses is $2,528. Johnny will request volunteers for the tailgate. The issue with invoicing from Doylestown Storage has been resolved. Johnny made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report and John seconded the motion. The Treasurer’s Report was approved 5-0.
- Old Business
The website is working well at this point.
– Automatic posting to Facebook should be done any day. If there is no post on the website, then there is nothing to send to Facebook.
– Automatic email generated by the website will also be done any day. Member emails are updated every year. Jen will implement these 2 action items.
– Other various updates to the website have been completed.
– Marcel Marino can be a backup for Jen. Rich made a motion for Jen to forward Marcel information he needs for emergency access to the website. Rob seconded the motion and all approved (5-0).
- Reports of Officers – Many agenda items were tabled until the next meeting to allow time for the Sponsorship Coordinator to give an update.
Johnny would like to have the next social associated with some kind of run, possibly the third Thursday in May at the Break-Fast 10K course. He will be working on a President’s message. Broad Street tailgate will include grilled food, TBD. Some members are abandoning Facebook, and the club needs to find ways to improve communication with members.
- Next meeting will be Thursday, May 24 at 7:30 pm at Tre Fratelli.
- External Sponsorship Coordinator
Shawn started with the Chamber of Commerce/tax assessors list and focused on health-related organizations/businesses, hospitals, clinics, physical therapists for sponsorship. He is working on putting together a mailing, email blast and a 2-3 page pamphlet to mail out with some important points, also putting together sponsorship packages.