Bucks County Roadrunners Club
Executive Board Meeting Member Minutes
January 17, 2017
Attendees: Johnny King-Marino, Rich Kanak, Rob Hoy, Mike Gross and Kathy McKinney (prepared minutes)
1. Accept Minutes from last meeting as posted by Kathy
A motion to approve minutes from the last Executive Board Meeting dated November 29, 2016 was made by Johnny and seconded by Mike. Minutes were approved 5-0.
2. Treasurer’s Report
a. Financial Report
Rob reported the total in all accounts.
b. Post for the website about 2015 tax filing
Rob will create a post shortly.
c. Upcoming budget meeting
The Executive Board will meet to discuss the budget on Tuesday, January 31.
Rob is planning a meeting with the tax accountant, so BCRR 2016 taxes can be filed by May 15, 2017.
3. Old Business
a. CPR class:
The course was very successful. Thirty-one people were certified in CPR/AED. Certification cards will be arriving via mail.
b. Pancake Breakfast:
The Pancake Breakfast/Winter Series Informal Run was well attended and very successful.
c. Tailgate Committee:
The Tailgate Committee plans to have at least one bus, depending on demand, to transport club members to the Broad Street Run on Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Rob has acquired the last five years of invoices from apparel vendors and now has the information on the sweatshirt vendor.
e. Track for next year:
Johnny proposed staying at the George School track for this year and will get a price. Johnny is also working on securing a track in Doylestown.
f. Club Membership Cards:
Mike has created a file from the RunSignUp membership list and printed sample membership cards for the board. Mike will get a price on laminating the cards. The board discussed handing out cards at Winter Series races or possibly bulk mailing the cards to members.
g. Web Site
Mike reported that two Strava widgets will be integrated into the website. The first one will show the last 10 runs completed by club members and the second will show workout statistics, e.g., total miles run, cycled… The race pages are being upgraded to include PDFs of course maps, downloadable files to GPS or phone and capability to print out directions.
i. Encourage members to sign up to receive posts
The fact that there is a difference between signing up for posts and signing up for emails was noted.
ii. Has Kathy gained access to post?
Jen will give Johnny and Kathy access to post.
4. Reports of Officers
a. Winter Series Director
i. Winter Series Update
Mike reported that the Winter Series races have been going well. People have been parking appropriately. The numbers are down a little from last year, but the numbers are good. The registration process is working well, and results are coming out quickly (RunSignUp has upgraded the quality and added features). Photography led by Cory is going very well.
ii. Strava Presentation
Mike is putting together a presentation on Strava and Garmin Connect for the January 19 social. He will explain the basic features of each including how to join the club pages, how people outside the club can find us, how to download a workout plan to a phone or device… He will answer questions from the group after the presentation.
b. Communications Director
The Website Calendar is updated.
i. Next Socials: Jan 19th Tre Fratelli & Feb 16th Station Tap House
Tre Fratelli is willing to split checks.
ii. Other: Mug Contest
Sue Graff is in charge of the mug contest and it is underway. Mike should be part of the loop. Johnny suggested upgrading the mug. Displaying a collection of previous Winter Series mugs at the banquet was suggested.
c. Vice President
Thanksgiving Day Race Final Numbers and Check presentations
Rich is checking with the charity partners to see which race will be best for presentation of checks. It was suggested that the club could possibly purchase a large dry erase presentation check for such events.
i. Break- Fast 5K Update
Kathy and Johnny have been working on race sponsorship, promotion, event planning with the Station Tap House, website updates, race logo, awards, t-shirts, giveaways and beneficiary. The beneficiary this year will be the CB Cares Educational Foundation.
ii. Dick Patterson and Mercer check presentation
Dick Patterson would like to promote the Bucks 5K Series at a future Winter Series race. The Mercer Museum has been contacted about presentation of their donation check.
iii. WS celebration planning:
Johnny reported that the committee is considering a St. Patrick’s Day theme for the Winter Series Celebration. He is working with Memorable Affairs to cater the event. Johnny is looking into venues.
5. New Business
a. Discuss need for club office
The board discussed the possibility of renting an office space.
b. Next Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on February 21 after the McTuesday run.
c. Membership meeting/ adopt the budget
The club budget meeting will be held as part of the next social on February 16.