Attendees: Johnny King-Marino, Rich Kanak, Maggie Kanak, Rob Hoy, John O’Brien, Mike Gross and Kathy McKinney (prepared minutes)
- Accept Minutes from last two meetings as posted by Kathy. A motion to approve minutes from the Budget and Bylaws Meeting dated November 16, 2017 and the Executive Board Meeting dated November 30, 2017 was made by Johnny and seconded by Rob. Minutes were approved 6-0.
- Treasurer’s Report
Rob reported the total in all accounts and reviewed income and expenditures since last month. The board discussed planned expenditures and looked for places were money could be saved. A special board meeting will be scheduled to discuss fundraising ideas for the club. Johnny made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report and John seconded the motion. The Treasurer’s Report was approved 6-0.
- Old Business
– WS Kickoff/Pancake Breakfast Recap – the event this year was very successful with the highest attendance of the last three years.
– The board discussed implementing the RRCA guidelines for giving to charities.
- Reports of Officers
– Winter Series Director, General Update – biggest challenge has been the weather. The cost of porta pots will raise expenditures for the WS, and the park does not expect the water problem to be fixed soon. Maggie is working on sending a welcome letter to new members.
– Communications Director
Next Socials: January social on the 23rd will be the McTuesday pizza party. Thursday, February 22 will be the next social at the Station Tap House in Doylestown. The location of the socials will continue to alternate between Newtown and Doylestown. After February, the next social will be Thursday, April 19 in Newtown. The Break-Fast 5K/10K will be Sunday, April 8.
– Vice President
TDR check presentation will be at the January 28th WS race. Rich reported that checks will be presented to Advocates for the Homeless and Those in Need and Bucks County Courier Times Give a Christmas Fund.
Winter Series Celebration Planning – Johnny is meeting with Renee and the planning committee next week. The board discussed using RunSignUp to sell the tickets. Johnny made a motion to set ticket prices at $40 (single), $75 (couples) and $15 (kids), which was seconded by John. The motion was approved 6-0. The club has all the props from last year’s party.
Tailgate Committee Report – the next event will be Caesar Rodney on March 18. The club will provide a tent and refreshments for club members and prospective club members. The event will be promoted on social media.
- New Business
Promote the Caesar Rodney Race and the Equinox Event – Mike’s needs an overview of each event so he can promote them on social media.
- Next meeting will be Thursday, February 8th at Johnny’s house at 6 pm. The board will discuss fundraising ideas for the club. Each board member should bring a fundraising idea and/or way to cut the budget to the meeting.