Attendees: Johnny King-Marino, Rich Kanak, Maggie Kanak, Rob Hoy, John O’Brien and Kathy McKinney (prepared minutes)
- Accept Minutes from last meeting as posted by Kathy (post meeting vote on December 3, 2017) – A motion to approve minutes from the Executive Board Meeting dated October 11, 2017 was made by Kathy and seconded by Rich. Minutes were approved 6-0.
- Treasurer’s Report – Rob reported the total in all accounts. Rob received and deposited the money from the “Get Back” cards. The board acknowledged that if membership is down this year, the club would need to compensate with fewer expenditures. The board will review the budget after the first winter series race and plan to rebudget accordingly. Johnny made a motion to accept the financial report and John seconded the motion. The financial report was accepted 6-0.
- Old Business – Kathy will continue to compile the reference list of motions and votes with help from Rich.
- Reports of Officers
- Tailgate Committee – Preparing for the Winter Series Informal Run and Pancake Breakfast. Prep will begin at 8 am and the run will start at 9 am on December 3. WS shirts and hats will be distributed that day. Planning for additional tailgates is ongoing.
- Winter Series Director – So far, we have 395 members, 292 memberships, and 318 WS registrations. All race director slots are filled, have season long volunteers, found a fire manager (Dave Lubbe) and someone to provide firewood (Ann Catherine). Discussed coordinating clothing donations and charities for this year. We have the necessary volunteers for the first race. Rich spoke with Cory, and the park should be open at 7 am.
- Communications Director – Need to promote events on Facebook, Meetup, and Yahoo. The pancake breakfast will be the club social for December.
- Vice President – Thanksgiving Day Race Review:
– Expo went very well
– Registered runners, about 300+ picked up their bibs at the Expo
– Just over 1000 for the 5 mile and 1 mile runs
– Money raised for charity, no total yet (Parkinsons Alliance, Advocates for the Homeless and Those in Need, Matt’s Mission/ALS, Courier Times Give a Christmas Fund)
– Race day went extremely well, setup fabulous, pictures posted on flicker account, post race festivities went well, a lot of activity after the race, great for selling BCRR apparel
Apparel – received it all and started to sell it at the Expo and then next at the pancake breakfast, will restock as necessary
- New Business – Rob reached out to Greg Holst about the Equinox event, and he is on board as director for next year. Need to generate response from club membership about participation in next year’s event.
Next Meeting – January 9, 2018, 7 pm at Villa Rosa