BCRR Track workouts are back with a twist!
Warm up begins at 5:45 pm with the workout following.
We will be meeting at the NJ canal towpath at Washington Crossing Park. The park would appreciate if we do not clog up the parking lot so below is map of other locations you can park. Remember to bring a face covering and your own water.
Coach Natalie has designed are workout as follows:
Sorta Virtual Speed Workout:
• 10′ at easy conversational pace (You can do more if you need more total volume)
• Can complete dynamic drills/stretching afterwards or a few striders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
• Striders – are accelerations working on form – good posture, turnover (cadence), arm mechanics – getting you prepared for faster speeds.
• 400 at RPE 8 or 5k pace effort
• 200 – 400 at Easy Effort – RPE 4
* Most of us still don’t have a track – so you can set this up in your Garmin if you have one.
* See here how you set up workouts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
RPE = Rate of perceived effort – I use this type of training more because you allow your body in that moment to dictate the pace rather then force it to get there if it doesn’t want to, or you surprise yourself with some faster speeds!
RPE: (Talk Test + Based on Races)
• RPE 3 – Zone 1- Super Easy – Pace you can run fo’ever and could chat endlessly
• RPE 4 – Endurance Zone 2 – Conversational Pace that feels comfortable and you can chat effortlessly
• RPE 5 – Zone 3 – Moderate Pace – Steady State – Typically Marathon Race Pace – chatting becomes harder but not impossible broken sentences.
• RPE 6 – Zone 4 – Threshold/Tempo – a pace you could run hard for about an hour (Could be HMRP – 10k Pace) – Chat in a few words
• RPE 7 – Zone 4 – Threshold/Tempo – a pace you could run hard for about an hour (Could be HMRP – 10k Pace) – Chat in a few words
• RPE 8 – Zone 5 – About 5k Pace – Bitch stop talking to me! HAHA!
• RPE 9/10 – Anything above 5k Pace – PURE FOCUS!
• Easy 10′ or as long as you want depending on your total load for the day.