We are looking for 2 people to share the responsibilities listed below.
The food coordinators plan the base food needed to start the season and maintain these same main items throughout the winter series season: Hot chocolate, coffee, soft carbs, fruit, and snacks at food tables.
- Order and stock supplies, plates, utensils (credit card provided). We already have much of these supplies from last year in storage. Check with equipment coordinator for what is in stock at present.
- Coordinate with the weekly race directors for pretzels or bagels and fruit (bananas and oranges) and handling of leftover food.
- Arrive early to guide the weekly volunteers setup the food tables, and breakdown the food table after the race. Make sure that the coffee and hot chocolate pots will be ready for runners when they finish.
- Work and instruct the weekly food service volunteers that you can get from the race director.
- Coordinate with next weeks’ race director on filling of 10-12 plastic water bottles for our outside water source used for: coffee pots, hot chocolate pots, and water jugs for runners’ hydration needs. These plastic bottles are passed from race director to race director.
- Assign take home of pots and utensils used for coffee and hot chocolate for cleaning. These must be brought back for the next race.
Email me at email@example.com to volunteer or for additional information.