As the series has grown parking has become more of challenge. Last year, working with Tyler State Park, we developed a new process for parking.
- The lot by the boathouse is to be used only by the race day, season long volunteers and car pools only. A car pool is consider to be 3 or more Winter Series runners.
- Parking for others will be guided by parking volunteers (wearing reflective vests and holding orange flags) to the other two lower lots until full.
- When the lower lot shows signs of filling one of the parking volunteers will head to the upper lot and an additional volunteer will head to the Hickory Nut lot.
- A shuttle service MAY be set up from the upper plantation lot near the intersection of the Main Park Road and the Swamp Road Entry.
A NEW PARKING AREA was added in 2015 –
- At the hickory nut picnic area there is now an additional 75 parking spaces. This space allows those parked there to use the NEWLY REFURBISHED bathrooms at the end of that area which is at the intersection of the Quarry Trail and the Tyler Drive Trail.
- This bathroom is 1/2 mile to the start. Why not park there use the facilities and then use the 1/2 mile to warm up?